Skip to main content
Shine Sports Coaching run a popular after school football club for children from Elmlea Juniors during term time. The sessions are based outdoors and provide an ideal opportunity for boys and girls with an interest in football to attend well structured, healthy and enjoyable sessions with an experienced team of qualified coaches.
Wed 13 Sep 2017
Wed 18 Oct 2017
Year 3 to Year 6
Open to children from host school
- Footwear and clothing that are appropriate for the chosen activity.
- Water bottle
- Shin pads (essential)
- Football boots and long socks (recommended).
Shine welcome children of all abilities to this enjoyable and inclusive activity. Players will get the chance to improve their football in all the essential skills including:
- Shooting and the basics of attacking play
- Tackling, heading and the basics of defensive play
- Communication and team work
- Free kicks, penalties and other set plays
- Vision and understanding the game
In addition to improving the participants knowledge of the game and helping them to work as part of a team, sessions will also incorporate fundamental skills such as;
Each session will end with small sided matches in which the teams will be divided into appropriate age groups and put the new skills they have learned into practice.
- Years 3 to 6 can get changed in their classrooms.
- Parents are welcome to watch the session, although this is not a requirement of booking.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis each term.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- A 'Star of the Day' award will presented at the end of each activity to a child who has excelled during the session.
- The school requests that muddy boots are taken off before walking across the playground at the end of the session.
- Children will not be able to participate without shin pads.
Travelling to Shine
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions
Copyright © Shine Wraparound Childcare Ltd. 2017