Skip to main content
Shine Cricket Academy's Club Cricketer Plus programme provides an innovative platform for secondary school cricketers who wish to develop their match awareness and technical aspects of their game. This session is an ideal opportunity for junior cricketers to go above and beyond club cricket training and refine certain aspects of their game.
Wed 13 Sep 2017
Wed 18 Oct 2017
Year 7 to Year 9
Open to children from any school
- Children attending this course must bring their own protective box - available to buy at https://shop.shinesportscoaching.com/
- Footwear and clothing that are appropriate for the chosen activity.
- Water bottle - available to buy at https://shop.shinesportscoaching.com/
- Children are welcome to bring their own kit (bat, gloves etc) if they chose but please ensure you remember to take it with you at the end of the session!
Club Cricketer Plus is designed ideally for cricketers aged from Year 7 to 9* who are currently playing youth cricket level, whether at school or at a local cricket club (or both!). Much of the programme will focus on match situations in preparation for the competitive matches they will face with particular skills will be broken down thoroughly to ensure the participants can execute these competently.
The session content will alternate between a limited overs match situation (in which all players will be encouraged to make a contribution with bat/ball) and a range of coaching drills. During the drills the coaching team will seek to improve the individual players skills and ability and remove any technical flaws they may have with their bowling, batting, fielding and team work. The group will also look at fitness and speed work plus experience varied game situations with an emphasis on 'how to win matches', 'be part of a team' and 'how make a difference' as an individual and team player.
Sessions will be based indoors although the group may move outside in suitable weather.
*If your child is below Year 7 and you think he/she is sufficiently competent at this level, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis each term.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every session.
- This activity is available to all children of the correct age group
- Parents are welcome to watch the session, although this is not a requirement of booking.
Travelling to Shine
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions
Copyright © Shine Wraparound Childcare Ltd. 2017