Skip to main content
Join Shine's qualified team for an exciting workshop that combines nature, creativity and discovery during a day that focuses on healthy, sociable outdoor fun for children of all ages. Enjoy some fresh air and adventure with Shine.
Reception to Year 7
Open to children from any school
- Some 'old' clothes
- Wellies (highly recommended) or old shoes
- Water bottle - Available to buy from shop.shinesportscoaching.com/
- Packed lunch (excluding nut products)
- Waterproofs, hat and gloves (weather dependent)
Shine's Outdoor Adventure is a memorable experience thanks to the experienced Forest Leaders team who deliver an exciting day long programme that is an ideal choice for children who like to try new challenges in a sociable environment. The activities will take place within the security of the school grounds and will include:
- Den building - from small scale animal shelters to protection from the elements for the whole group
- Fire lighting - learn the science behind lighting a small fire in the safest way
- Cookery - cooking simple foods on the open fire (please ensure you let us know if your child has any food allergies)
- Nature trails - follow set activities to help explore the natural environment
- Minibeast hunts - meet the creatures that live on the site
- Using woodland tools - learn to use tools safely
- Natural crafts - use natural materials to create lhand-made items that are ready to take home
- Safe archery - work with our specially trained staff to test your aim
- Forest free play - throughout the day the children will be given the opportunity enjoy a range of free play activities
Please note that indoor facilities are available at all times so, when the weather is unsuitable for outdoor activities, the programme will be adjusted to ensure the day remains an positive experience for all the children.
- Please note that places are limited and bookings are made on a first come/first served basis each term.
- Shine’s professional coaching team are qualified, DBS checked and fully insured.
- Your child/children must be signed out at the end of every day.
- Shine Holiday Club's presentation ceremony takes place from 15:45-16:00 every day. A 'Star of the Day' award will presented, in each different holiday club activity, to a child or children who has excelled during the day.
If you are choosing to drive to us, please note the car park at this school is for staff only. Please park on neighbouring streets and walk into the school. The entrance for Shine is the back door at the far end of the school, not the main entrance.
Working Day Options
Shine's extended hours service is called 'Working Day Option'. The service allows working parents/carers the option of an early arrival time from 08.00 and/or a late departure time before 18.00. Children attending the extended hours will be supervised by Shine staff and offered a variety of free play outdoor and indoor activities. The cost and time details are as follows:
Travelling to Shine
Shine recommends its customers consider environmentally friendly modes of transport, such as cycling, public transport and walking – when customers are travelling to/from a Shine activity. To encourage a healthy lifestyle, Shine is committed to ensuring that each activity location provides a covered bike shed where children and adults can safely store their bicycles on arrival. For customers choosing public transport, please click on the 'bus' icon below to find further details on local bus routes.
Take a look at our FAQ or get in touch with any questions
Copyright © Shine Wraparound Childcare Ltd. 2017